Fundraiser CD includes Norah Jones, Alicia Keys, Santana.
LOS ANGELES, CA Tuesday Jun.29.2004 /netmusiccountdown.com/ --
Norah Jones, Alicia Keys, Carlos Santana, Juanes and Josh Groban are among the artists featured on a new compilation CD to be sold exclusively through Starbucks stores. Participating Starbucks locations in North America will carry the fundraiser CD, which includes highlights from the "We Are the Future" concert held May 16 in Rome. The event was organized by Quincy Jones. The "We Are the Future" CD will be available between July 2 to August 3.
Starbucks was a charter sponsor of the "We Are the Future" concert. 100% of the proceeds from the sales of the compilation benefit the We Are the Future initiative, which provides assistance and education to children in war torn areas of the world.
"The concert that launched We Are the Future is one of the most powerful events I've ever been a part of, and it's a true privilege to have helped it happen," Quincy Jones told Billboard. "With the support of Starbucks, we are able to offer a recording of this major event to engage music fans and raise awareness for children living in war-ravaged communities."
"We Are the Future" Track Listing:
* Oy Come Va - Carlos Santana with Mana's Fher
* The Prayer – John Stoddart, Sherry McGee, Andrea Bocelli and Karina Pasian
* Fallin' – Alicia Keys
* Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime - Zucchero
* Watermelon Man – Herbie Hancock featuring Carlos Santana and Bill Summers
* L 'Ultimo Bacio – Carmen Consoli
* How High the Moon – Patti Austin
* A Dios Le Pido (I Ask God) - Juanes
* You Raise Me Up – Josh Groban
* Afrika – Angelique Kidjo featuring Soundz of South Africa
* Peace – Norah Jones
* We Are the Future – Karina Pasian and cast
For more information, go to http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000552818
More on Norah JonesMore on Alicia KeysMore on Josh Groban
Copyright ©2004, Net Music Countdown ®. All Rights Reserved.
print it eMail it