Finalists include Franz Ferdinand, The Killers, Wilco.
LOS ANGELES, CA Thursday Sep.23.2004 /netmusiccountdown.com/ --
Franz Ferdinand, The Killers, Wilco and Loretta Lynn are among the 10 finalists for the 2004 Shortlist Music Prize. The annual award recognizes musical achievement for albums that have not yet attained commercial success and have sold less than 500,000 copies in the US. Other finalists for the prestigious prize include Air, Dizzee Rascal, Ghostface Killah, Nellie McKay, The Streets and TV On The Radio.
The winner of the Shortlist Music Prize will be announced on November 10 during a special concert in Los Angeles. The nominees will perform at the event.
Shortlist Music Prize Finalists
01. Air - "Talkie Walkie" (Astralwerks)
02. Dizzee Rascal - "Boy in Da Corner" (Matador/XL)
03. Franz Ferdinand – "Franz Ferdinand" (Domino/Epic)
04. Ghostface Killah - "The Pretty Toney Album" (Def Jam)
05. The Killers - "Hot Fuss" (Island)
06. Loretta Lynn - "Van Lear Rose" (Interscope)
07. Nellie McKay - "Get Away From Me" (Columbia)
08. The Streets – "A Grand Don't Come for Free" (Vice)
09. TV On The Radio - "Desperate Youth, Bloodthirsty Babes" (Touch & Go)
10. Wilco - "A Ghost Is Born" (Nonesuch).
More on Franz FerdinandMore on The KillersMore on Wilco
Copyright ©2004, Net Music Countdown ®. All Rights Reserved.
print it eMail it