MIAMI, FL. Friday Nov.5.2004 /netmusiccountdown.com/ --
As they say in the entertainment business, the show must go on, and that's exactly what Jay-Z is doing with a little help from his friends.
A spokesperson for the Brooklyn rapper confirmed to MTV that Jay-Z will play the remaining dates on the canceled "Best of Both Worlds" tour. The shows will now be billed as "Jay-Z and Friends." P. Diddy and Mary J. Blige are confirmed to perform at tonight's show (November 5) in Miami, Florida. There's no word yet on who will join Jay-Z for the remaining tour dates.
The Best of Both Worlds tour busted up last Friday (October 29) in New York City, when R. Kelly left the stage after alleging two men were waving guns at him. Jay-Z finished the show by calling in some major guest stars at the last minute including Blige, Usher, Ja Rule and T.I. Kelly claims that he tried to return to the stage on Friday but was barred by a member of Jay-Z's entourage. Kelly says that he was then attacked with pepper spray.
On Monday, November 1, Kelly slapped Jay-Z and the tour promoter with a $75 million lawsuit for breach of contract and punitive damages. In a statement issued earlier this week, Jay-Z said, "R. Kelly's lack of professionalism and unpredictable behavior has prevented the Best of Both Worlds tour from continuing."
More on Jay-ZMore on R. KellyMore on R. Kelly & Jay-Z
Copyright ©2004, Net Music Countdown ®. All Rights Reserved.
print it eMail it