NASHVILLE, TN Wednesday Dec.8.2004 /netmusiccountdown.com/ --
Here are the Country Artists nominated for the 47th annual Grammy Awards.
GRETCHEN WILSON HAS MOST COUNTRY NODS
Gretchen Wilson has four nods overall, Tim McGraw is associated with four nominations.
GRETCHEN WILSON has four nods overall.
Best New Artist - ALL GENRE
Best Female Country Vocal - "Red Neck Woman"
Best Country Song - "Red Neck Woman"
Best Country Album, - Here for the Party
Gretchen was also one of the artists on hand to announce this year's nominees. She responded to her nominations saying, "This is a great way to close it up, we've got three more shows before I take a little Christmas break. It's really nice to know that people are really enjoying the music and I feel very accepted right now."
TIM MCGRAW ASSOCIATED WITH FOUR NOMINATIONS, all related to the Live Like You Were Dying project. Tim responded, "What a great way to complete this amazing year. I want to send special congratulations to songwriters Craig Wiseman and Tim Nichols."
TIM'S PERSONAL NODS
Best Country Album - "Live Like You Were Dying"
Best Male Country Vocal - "Live Like You Were Dying"
SONGWRITERS Tim Nichols and Craig Wiseman get nods for:
Best Country Song ["Live Like You Were Dying"
Song of the Year - "Live Like You Were Dying" - ALL GENRE
KEITH URBAN HAS TWO NODS
Best Male Country Vocal Performance - "You'll Think Of Me"
Best Country Album - Be Here
Song Of The Year (all Genre)
Live Like You Were Dying
Tim Nichols & Craig Wiseman, songwriters (Tim McGraw)
Best New Artist (all Genre)
Best Female Country Vocal Performance
(For a solo vocal performance. Singles or Tracks only.)
* You Will Be My Ain True Love - Alison Krauss - Track from: Cold Mountain - Soundtrack (Various Artists)
* Miss Being Mrs. - Loretta Lynn - Track from: Van Lear Rose
* In My Daughter's Eyes - Martina McBride - Track from: Martina
* She's Not Just A Pretty Face - Shania Twain - Track from: Up!
* Redneck Woman - Gretchen Wilson - Track from: Here For The Party
Best Male Country Vocal Performance
* Engine One-Forty-Three - Johnny Cash - Track from: The Unbroken Circle -The Musical Heritage Of The Carter
* In My Own Mind 0 Lyle Lovett - Track from: My Baby Don't Tolerate
* Live Like You Were Dying - Tim McGraw - Track from: Live Like You Were Dying
* You Are My Flower - Willie Nelson - Track from: The Unbroken Circle - The Musical Heritage Of The Carter
* You'll Think Of Me - Keith Urban - Track from: Golden Road
Best Country Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal
* New San Antonio Rose - Asleep At The Wheel - Track from: Asleep At The Wheel Remembers The Alamo
* Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy)- Big & Rich - Track from: Horse Of A Different Color
* You Can't Take The Honky Tonk Out Of The Girl - Brooks & Dunn - Track from: Red Dirt Road
* Top Of The World - Dixie Chicks - Track from: Top Of The World Tour - Live
* It's Hard To Kiss The Lips At Night That Chew Your Ass Out All Day Long - The Notorious Cherry Bombs - Track from: The Notorious Cherry Bombs
Best Country Collaboration With Vocals
* Hey Good Lookin'- Jimmy Buffett, Clint Black, Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson, Toby Keith & George Strait - Track from: License To Chill
* Creepin' In - Norah Jones & Dolly Parton - Track from: Feels Like Home
* Portland Oregon - Loretta Lynn & Jack White - Track from: Van Lear Rose
* Pancho & Lefty - Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard & Toby Keith
- Track from: Outlaws And Angels
* Coat Of Many Colors - Shania Twain With Alison Krauss & Union Station - Track from: Just Because I'm A Woman: Songs Of Dolly Parton
Best Country Instrumental Performance
* Billy In The Low Ground - Asleep At The Wheel - Track from: Asleep At The Wheel Remembers The Alamo
* Puppies 'N Knapsacks - Sam Bush - Track from: King Of My World
* Luxury Liner - Albert Lee, Vince Gill & Brad Paisley - Track from: Heartbreak Hill
* Earl's Breakdown - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Featuring Earl Scruggs, Randy Scruggs, Vassar Clements & Jerry Douglas - Track from: Will The Circle Be Unbroken "The Trilogy"
* Bowtie - Mark O'Connor, Chris Thile, Bryan Sutton & Byron House
Best Country Song
* It's Hard To Kiss The Lips At Night That Chew Your Ass Out All Day Long - Rodney Crowell & Vince Gill, songwriters (The Notorious Cherry Bombs) - Track from: The Notorious Cherry Bombs
* Live Like You Were Dying - Tim Nichols & Craig Wiseman, songwriters (Tim McGraw)- Track from: Live Like You Were Dying
* Miss Being Mrs. - Loretta Lynn, songwriter (Loretta Lynn) - Track from: Van Lear Rose
* Portland Oregon - Loretta Lynn, songwriter (Loretta Lynn & Jack White) - Track from: Van Lear Rose
* Redneck Woman - John Rich & Gretchen Wilson, songwriters (Gretchen Wilson) - Track from: Here For The Party
Best Country Album
* Van Lear Rose - Loretta Lynn
* Live Like You Were Dying - Tim McGraw
* Tambourine - Tift Merritt
* Be Here - Keith Urban
* Here For The Party - Gretchen Wilson
Best Bluegrass Album
* The Bluegrass Sessions - Lynn Anderson
* Twenty Year Blues - Nashville Bluegrass Band
* Brand New Strings - Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder
* Carrying On - Ralph Stanley II
* A Tribute To Jimmy Martin "The King Of Bluegrass" - Various Artists
Best Southern, Country, or Bluegrass Gospel Album
* Driven - The Crabb Family
* 20th Century Gospel: From Hymns To Blackwood Brothers Tribute To Christian Country - The Jordanaires, Art Greenhaw & The Light Crust Doughboys & Nokie Edwards
* Universal United House Of Prayer - Buddy Miller
* Worship & Faith - Randy Travis
* Amazing Grace 3 - A Country Salute To Gospel - Various Artists - Scott Hendricks, producer
More on Gretchen WilsonMore on Tim McGrawMore on Lil Mo
Copyright ©2004, Net Music Countdown ®. All Rights Reserved.
print it eMail it